Welcome to SWRTB’s Taxpayer Online Filing System!

Click the link below to file your Individual Annual Tax Return.

To get started you will need the PIN from your Final Return Form that you received in the mail, or call 724-887-5320 to get a PIN.

>>File Online Now<<

If you are a Licensed Tax Preparer, look for the Tax Preparer Tab. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Most taxpayers understand that municipalities and school districts depend upon tax moneys to enable them to provide the education and municipal services that we expect.

Wage tax revenue provides one of their sources of money. 

Virtually all Pennsylvania municipalities and school districts now collect wage tax.

By law, the money collected is divided between the school district and the municipality where you live.

For this reason it is important to indicate on your annual return what municipality you reside in. It helps us to distribute your money correctly.

If your employer withholds your wage tax, they remit it at the end of each quarter. 

If your wage tax is not withheld by your employer, you are responsible for filing and paying your tax quarterly.    Quarterly estimated payments are due on the dates shown on the Individual Earned Income Tax Quarterly Return, found on the Resources page.

At the end of the tax year, you are required by law to file your final (annual) return.    This is due by April 15th, or the first non-weekend non-holiday day after April 15, as are your state and federal returns.

By state law, we are allowed to charge 1/2 % interest and 1/2 % penalty on any late tax payments. 

If for example, you have paid some of your quarterly payments, but not all of them, you will be assessed interest and penalty on any tax due regardless of how you made your quarterly payments.

‘Earned Income’ includes salaries, wages, commissions, bonuses, incentive payments, stock options, executors fees, lump sum distributions, fees, tips and other compensation received by a person or his personal representative for services rendered, whether directly or through an agent, and whether in cash or in property.

‘Earned Income’ does not include wages or compensation paid to persons on active military service, periodic payments for sickness and disability other than regular wages received during a period of sickness, disability, retirement or payments arising under workmen’s compensation acts, occupational disease acts and similar legislation, or payments commonly recognized as ‘old age’ benefits, retirement pay or pensions paid to persons retired from service after reaching a specific age or after a stated period of payments made by any governmental agency or payments to reimburse expenses or payments made by employers or labor unions for wage and salary supplemental programs, including, but not limited to, programs covering hospitalization, sickness, disability or death, supplemental unemployment benefits, strike benefits, social security and retirement.

There has been a change in the way Active Duty Military pay is taxed per the Act 32 guidelines: 

Active Duty Pay – 2016 and forward – Active duty military pay is exempt from taxation regardless of where it was earned. 

Active Duty Pay – 2012 thru 2015 – Active duty military pay is taxable if earned in PA. If military pay is earned outside of PA, it is not taxable. 

Active Duty Pay – 2011 and prior – Active duty military pay is exempt from taxation regardless of where it was earned. 

A copy of your Active Duty orders are required to be submitted to the tax office.

You are always welcome to call the office for more information. 

We are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., closed for lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and closed holidays. 

Our phone are numbers are: 724-887-5320, 724-439-2312, 724-834-5240 or toll free at 800-832-2314. 

We will be glad to give you information that will help you understand the law or to help you file your return correctly.    We do not want to charge you interest and penalty, but under state law we have no authority to do otherwise.    We would much rather help you file your return correctly.